Thursday 24 June 2010

Just for a Change.......

In my professional life, I suppose I will always be associated with guiding on matters associated with the Industrial Revolution. I suppose that's a natural result of being based in the Birmingham area; well, that and the fact that I tend to get offered guiding jobs that no-one else wants!

Yes, I can do all the standard Shakespeare stuff in Stratford, Royalty and history in London and the more offbeat places. But my colleagues in particular always tend to think of me in the same breath as the likes of James Watt or Matthew Boulton.

But my areas of preference tend to be the likes of the Romans, the Bronze Age and the English Civil War.

So it's made a very pleasant change to be asked to "do something" associated with a period sadly overlooked in this country: the arrival of the Normans under William the Conqueror and the effect that they had on Saxon England.

As they say, "watch this space"!

No comments:

Post a Comment